28 March 2011

Chameleon

At times, it’s hard keeping up with how I want to be. I like to call it being a chameleon. I can change to the attitude and atmosphere of the room. I like to think of it as a blessing, but it can also be a curse.

I can be in a room that has great energy and I automatically adjust to that energy. However, when the emotion in the room is negative, I can also change to that negativity. Staying positive in that environment is a challenge, but it is still possible. I find new ways to do this everyday, luckily so.

One way that I have found is to get on the internet and search for inspirational videos, quotes, and audios. It gives me a boost in confidence and positivity for a time. Usually I do this in the morning and it lasts with me throughout the day.

I work with a company that lives to build people up and make their life better. One of the ways that we do this is to have a daily commitment to read ten pages of a good book and to listen to at least 15 minutes of a good audio.

One of my favorite books that I’ve read is a book called ‘Who Moved My Cheese’ by Spencer Johnson. I read this book in just an afternoon. It is a short story about a couple of mice and two men named Ham and Haw. If you’re looking for a quick read, I recommend it.

Now another way is to find things around me that have an uplifting message. One of the best messages I have found is with the Rocky story, not just the movies, but the story of the writing and production of it as well. One of my favorite scenes of the franchise is from the movie Rocky Balboa. I found a youtube link that shows this clip. When I’m feeling down, I watch this and it picks me up right away. It also makes me want to watch more inspirational clips.

Here’s the clip for the scene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z5OookwOoY

No comments:

Post a Comment