25 March 2011

Word of the Day


Well, I decided to have a little structure here. I know, imagine me, semi-organized! Shocking!

So once a week I'll have a word of the day. Yes it's overdone, but this blog is about continual learning and expanding our horizons. I also want this to be a forum of sorts to come together and uplift each other.

Our first word of the day will be for the weekend as well. The word of the day is:

Satellite:
A natural or artificial body that revolves around a planet.

I got to thinking about the Moon and all of the concern that was brought up with the Japanese quake. Some people thought that the Moon would bring huge waves in after the tsunami.

It wasn't founded on anything solid, but it stuck in my mind that the moon has a lot more to do with the Earth and the weather than I realize.

Along with the satellites that orbit planets, I thought or some things that revolve around us, or that we orbit. For instance good friends. Do my friends orbit me, or do I, them? Do I influence them more, or vise versa? What is that influence, and does it better my life? Is the influence that I give to others good for them? Only I can answer these questions for myself.

Another thing to think about is the balence of satellites. Yes we have a satellite that goes around us (the Earth). We revolve around something bigger (the Sun). Then the Sun orbits something even bigger yet.

To put this to my life, I have people that I influence to good or ill. I have people that I look to, also for good or ill. I can decide who I want to look up to, but I can't decide who looks to me. So all I can do is find those who I want to be like and follow their example, and work to be someone that I would want others to be like.

Thanks for 'listening' to my ramblings.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment